Waste management is a means of managing all sorts of waste (general and hazardous) in a responsible manner so as to prevent or minimize pollution in the media (land, water and air). This requires managing the waste stream from its inception to its final disposal. This includes amongst other things, collection, transport, treatment and disposal of waste together with monitoring and regulation. It also encompasses the legal and regulatory framework that relates to waste management encompassing guidance on recycling etc.
Wastes are generated during the extraction of raw materials, the processing of raw materials into intermediate and final products, the consumption of final products, or other human activities.
Municipal wastes are generated by households, industries and businesses. Health care facilities, chemical industries and agricultural industries produce waste such as medical waste, hazardous wastes, sewage sludge, etc. Waste management is intended to reduce adverse effects of waste on human health, and the environment.
Our company offers services in the following areas:
- Landfill site management auditing,
- Facilitating and setting up Materials Recovery Facilities
- Waste Minimisation system (Life-cycle analysis and material substitution)
- Waste audits,
- Environmental and occupational health,
- Facilitating compliance with the SO 14000 and other voluntary standards,
- Ensuring regulatory compliance, and
- Peer review of documents;